Fiat 125 Abarth

I look for any info about Fiat 125 Abarth. Will You help?

Reply to
Unknovn

I guess the Ritmo/Strada 125 Abarth is what you're after?

Here are some specs for you:

HTH

Ciao

Zak

-- ========================================================================

Searchable database of 10 000+ car specsAuctioning motoring-related items at eBay?

Zak McGregor

I think about Fiat 125 (1967-1973) like this one

but with Abarth modifications.

Reply to
Unknovn

Sorry - I just looked in the Abarth Catalogue Raissonne - no mention of any 125-based Abarths. It could be just a slightly higher-spec 125 with Abarth badges tacked on in the hope of adding a bit of glitz & glamour to it....

Ciao

Zak

-- ========================================================================

Searchable database of 10 000+ car specsAuctioning motoring-related items at eBay?

Zak McGregor

I also thougth there wasn't Fiat 125 Abarth, but look here:

(2'nd page, 1975, Fulvio Bacchelli + Bruno Scabini)Except this, I never saw anything more abut this car.

Reply to
Unknovn

I live in South Africa and we had a special performance version of the 125 called the "Scorpion". It was very quick for a 1600cc, 0-60 in 8,7 seconds and maximum speed about 180km/h for the 4 speed version at 6700 revs (would not rev further). I suspect the cam was hot and the main reason for the performance. The 5 speed should have been faster with higher gearing.

It was modified by John Conchie and was sold through Fiat dealers. What a car!! I think I should Google "Fiat 125 Scorpion" and see what turns up!

Reply to
Ernest

I guess you mean this car

It's for sale in The Netherlands. Perhaps you can get some information from Martin Willems!

Jan-Wijtze The Netherlands.

Reply to
Jan-Wijtze Smit

Howzit boet? ;-)

I remember the Conchie stuff from old CAR magazines, but never actually saw one. With all due respect to the conversion, the Abarth stuff is in a different league altogether IMHO.

Ciao from jhb

Zak

-- ========================================================================

Searchable database of 10 000+ car specsAuctioning motoring-related items at eBay?

Zak McGregor

The Strada Abarth 125 is a 'real' beast. I have the Fiat Workshop Manual for this car. From what I can remember it was basically for the Swiss market.

If you want to let me know what particular technical info is of interest I will go and see if it is detailed in the manual.

Most th>

Reply to
Nick Bailey /////

Ofcors I want it, send everything You've got (data, pictures, everything).

Reply to
Unknovn

can't really provide all the info you are looking for because there is just so much of it!

Basically the 125TC is the same as the 130TC but the following may differ:

Chassis: ZFA 138 A.00 Engine: 138 AR1.000B Version: 138 A9 (3 & 5 door versions) Weight 920kg Speed Max. 190 kph EEC Fuel Consumption: Urban 26.2mpg, 56mph 42.8mpg, 75mph - 31.7mpg, Ave -

32.3mph 4 cyls Bore 84mm Stroke 90mm Size 1995cc Compression Ratio 9.45 Max Pwr. 91.9 kW - 125CV @ 5800 rpm Torque 17.16 daNm - 17.5 kgm @ 3500 rpm Valve Timing: Inlet 11deg BTDC to 48 deg ABDC Valve Timing: Exhuast 8 deg ATDC to 51 deg BBDC Carb: Webber 34 DMTR 51/350 Venturi: 25mm 1st barrel - 27 mm 2nd barrel Differential: Final Ration 14/50 (3.571) 1st - 12.795, 2nd - 7.981, 3rd - 5.503, 4th - 4.117, 5th - 3.449, Reverse - 13,091
Reply to
Nick Bailey /////