Fiat 126 BIS - 0-60 in ...?

My fiat 126 BIS will not do more than 40mph up hill 55mph on strights and

70mph down hill. How are these figures correct - if they are does an official 0-60 time even exist? Do these figures seem correct? Is something wrong? How can I tune it up a bit?
Reply to
vlg
40 up hill sounds about right, but it depends on the hill. 55 on straights sounds a tad slow, about 65 on flat/level motorway would be nearer the mark. Not noted for snappy acceleration though. 80 to 85 downhill, pedal to the metal.

Check ignition advance, the distributor can be rotated, easy to wreck the engine if you don't get it right. Mixture needs to be spot on. Air filter clean. LRP took a bit off the performance.

The 126 is very pr>My fiat 126 BIS will not do more than 40mph up hill 55mph on strights and

Reply to
ato_zee

FWIW I have a quoted 0-60 of 33.0 seconds for a 704cc 126 BIS with 25 bhp engine. Top speed is quoted as 116 km/h.

As for upping the performance, I'm sure there are a number of Italian tuning places that would have made some go-faster stuff for it. What year is your model?

Ciao

Zak

Reply to
Zak McGregor