Fiat Brava 1.9 JTD 105 SX

Hi,

I have recently bought the above car which is three years old. After driving it I have noticed it has no "umph". Sure it drives ok, but it is very slow to accelerate, climbs up hills very sluggish and I never feel the turbo kick in. Put it this way, it feels like I am driving a 1.1 rather than a 1.9.

At what revs should the turbo kick in?

The garage are taking it for a drive tomorrow to try to identify the problem. I love the car - I really do, I just hope they get to the bottom of the problem.

Any advice appreciated.

Julie

Reply to
Julie

Possibly Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor or Exhaust Gas Recycler (EGR) valve. Both are fairly expensive though I believe - £160 for parts or thereabouts.

Hopefully the garage will have some diagnostic kit to plug the car into, as 'going for a drive' will not indicate precisely which part of the car is at fault these days with all this technology.

Graham

Reply to
Graham

Thanks Graham,

Yep, the garage did a diagnostic test on it this morning and the Air Mass Meter has gone. As soon as the mechanic got in and drove it he could tell something wasn't quite right. They have ordered the new part and will be fixing it next week, totally free of charge.

Thanks again,

Julie

thereabouts.

Reply to
Julie

Julie,

If that doesn't fix it look where the bonnet closes too see if the bonnet soundproofing lining obstructs the air intake pipe. There have been a number of cases where when the turbo kicks in the air suction pulls the bonnet lining over the air intake and then car has no go in it as it is star ved of air. Of course when you flip the bonnet to examine the engine you won't see any problem. The cure - cut a 3 inch square from the bonnet lining in the area that obstructst he air intake.

Andy

Reply to
Andrew P

Thanks Andy I will bear that in mind if things aren't quite right after it's been repaired.

Regards,

Julie

Reply to
Julie