Fiat Brava.

Couple of questions regarding these cars. How is the radio removed? I can't see where the usual radio removal tools go. I take it it does require
the usual tools? Also, has anyone who has got one of these suffered from an erratic speedo? With the one I have, the speedo intermittently stops working. This varies in time and then suddenly works again. Any ideas? I suspect a faulty connection, but where to look?
Not sure about the radio qustion.
With regards to the speedo then this will be a process of elimination. I'm fairly sure, like all Fiats since year 1998-2000, then there is no speedo cable but instead there is a transducer that sends pulses to the speedo. This means that either:
1) The sender unit has an intermittent fault. I've actually experienced this before. 2) The connections/connectors at the geabox and speedo head end are diry or not interfacing correctly 3) The speedo unit is on the way out. The next time the speedo next falters, check to see if the distance meter/trip are still increasing. If they are the this would point to a speedo unit problem.
Nick /////

The number of miles do not increase on the mileometer. Where is the sender located?
Sensor is located on top of the gearbox. This is the usual Fiat place. Sensor is easily removed. Not very expensive, about 21 inc. VAT.
Nick /////
message

Thanks Nick, I shall have a look when/if it plays up again. It has typically behaved faultlessly for the past 200 miles!
Could be an intermittent contact along the route from the gearbox sender to the speedo head. Only tow connectors involved I belive. One at the sender and the other in the speedo/instrument cluster head.
WARNING! - if you plan on checking out the instrument cluster/dash then disconnect the battery and leave the car alone for 15 minutes. This should allow adequate time for the auxilary units (such as the airbag control unit) to self discharge. Failure to do this will potentially result in the airbag control unit flagging a fault (missing warning lamps because you just disconnected them !!!)
As with all modern cars, if playing with anything remotely associated with the electrics THEN DISCONNECT THE BATTERY AND WAIT 15 OR MORE MINUTES MINUTES!
Nick /////

you need special removal tools that slide down the side of the radio pop into a dealer av a word with 1 of the techs see if he will pop it out for ya

You can use a normal kitchen knife; insert it into the right side of the radio, then in the left side... it's easy.