Fiat Brava Problems

Hi There
I have just started having problems with my fiat, X reg yr 2000
Last couple of days gone to start it up ok however when put into gear and tried to pull off it cut out, has done this 3 - 4 times now.
This morning was the same but on the way to work (on the M1) had to pull over 3 times as cluth was right to foolr and could change gear, eventually got it to work but i kinow i wont make it home in it tonight!! Have called out the AA but not knowing anything about cars, i havent a clue what theyll say it is
Any advise ?
I'm not sure what the problem is but it could be the clutch has given up the ghost, have you got the car back and have they told you what the problem was? I'm curious. I have a Y reg Brava which i love to bits, had a similar problem about a year ago and the clutch needed replacing.