Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
September 9, 2011, 6:07 pm
rate this thread
In a move that perhaps shows more than anything else how intertwined
the automotive industry is today, the Fiat and Chrysler Alliance
announced today plans to sell the Fiat Doblo van in the U.S. and
Canadian markets under the Ram brand.
You may recall that GM's European division Opel, will debut its own
rebadged version of the Fiat Doblo called the Combo at next week's
Frankfurt Motor Show .
The Chrysler Group has not yet released photos nor specifications on
the Ram-badged Doblo, but said the van will be imported from Turkey
as it will be built by the Fiat Group's Turkish joint-venture partner
The company added that TOFAS will invest over US$160 million for the
necessary US and Canadian homologation and customer requirement
modifications, with sales of Doblo to commence on this side of the
Atlantic in early 2013.
View the attachments for this post at:
- » Fiat turns old Yugo factory into its most advanced plant
- — Next thread in » Fiat Cars Forum
- » PICS: Here comes the 2012 Fiat Punto - with a facelift
- — Previous thread in » Fiat Cars Forum
- » Abarth considering performance versions of Fiat 500L, Panda
- — Newest thread in » Fiat Cars Forum