Fiat fiorino 1.7TD

Hi there folks

Can U Help Me??????????????

I have a very noisy 1.7 Diesel engine (KNOCK-NOK-NOKING!!!) in my 1998 model which I recently aquired, it is probably a top end problem the last owner put a new Head gasket on after a radiator blow out 6 months (5,000 miles) ago. The noise appeared very quickly and has had a slight effect on the overall performance it may be camshaft area or valve.

I reckon it may be cheaper to switch the engine so is there any other fiat models that use the same engine and any recomendations on Uk suppliers that may help.

Also any problems or short comings with the engine swap to look out for? ie key code or engine mountings etc?

Many thanks

Reply to
stivh