Fiat Idea question

Have just bought a 2004 Fiat Idea Eleganza. On working my way through the manual, I am told that when I activate the remote locking, the flashers
should operate in a coded fashion depending on function. Mine don't and when I asked the dealer (Fiat franchise) I was told that this was not the case on that model, although the handbook doesn't say this. Anyone confirm this?
Regards
P J Macguire
P & H Macguire wrote:

Same with the stilo - though I am reliably informed that they can be set to flash via the garages diagnostic computer.
Mike

Thanks for that
Pat Macguire
Absolutely true for the Stilo.
I had my Fiat dealer turn on the indicator flashing with the Fiat "Examiner".
The same should be possible with the Idea.
The alarm and flasher regulations vary from country to country. To have these production "hard coded" does not make sense with modern mass production and cost effective production requirements.
Nick /////