Fiat main dealers

I took my four month old Fiat Croma into my local Fiat main dealer yesterday for some warranty work, bits are falling off it in a cascade but that is the
subject of another gripe.
The youth on the service desk asked the type of vehicle, "Croma" I said thinking he would recognise a current model, albeit, one no longer imported into the UK. He did not. I asked him how long he had been working there, "two weeks" he replied.
Am I being over optimistic in thinking that a main dealer service agent should be aware of the product range of his employer, what sort of training was he given!.

Man, that's nothing...
I had a slight knock when turning left over 20mph in my Stilo and my Fiat main dealer wanted to charge me 944 to replace the bushes on the rear suspension beam. I cured the problem myself by removing the two loose CDs that were sliding about in the upper glovebox!!!
Not kidding!
Andy

FIAT people are the most incompetent people around. I got charged 85 euro for the following dianose: "we don't know what is is. It could be the ECU"
My FIAT is now maintained by a Hyundai dealer. Honest nice people. Cheap, and a drive to find the real problem. No fix = no pay. That's how it should be.
Well I have to say for all the posts COMPLAIN directly to FIAT in your respective countries. If that does not work write to Turin.
Seriously though, decent Fiat dealers has been Fiat's biggest problem over the 35 years I have been buying and servicing my own Fiats.
They are not all bad. There are a few good technicians out there but finding them is pretty much a "luck of the draw" exercise.
I've had my problems with my local dealer and every time I have gone back to them honestly, openly, politely but firmly with my complaints and experiences. Do I go back to them. Yes I do but they also know that every experience I have, good or bad, determines their fate. (or should that be FAIT)
We have to keep the pressure on with Fiat dealers, importers, HQ at Turin.
35 years on I'm still dedicated to Fiat cars and brand and make it my duty to ensure that all parts of the Fiat empire stay on top of their game.
Nick ///// Sjoerd Korfage wrote:

Dare I ask what bits are falling off.
I too have a Croma 2005 and have not had any bits fall off it yet.
If you can give details I would appreciate it.
Nick /////