Fiat Marea

Hi,
I have a 98 Fiat Marea, and when I brake, only the Top light (strip across the boot) lights up. The two supposedly brake lights dont. I havent checked the bulbs yet but Id be surprised if both are blown.
These bulbs do light when I switch the headlights on.
Is there another common fault that could be happening here?
Thanks, Stephen.

They are probably dual circuit bulbs dim for rear light and bright for brake. Faulty bulbs are the most likely cause so try replacing them, make sure you take one of the old ones with you so you get the right sort. As the third brake light is working I doubt if it's the fuse, relay or other wiring fault as it would prob affect all the brake lights.
Mike
Hi Mike,
thanks for the reply,
I'll be buying bulbs in the morning, fingers, legs and eveything else crossed :)
Stephen.
Indeed it was the bulbs.
Even though the filament looked fine, the worked when replaced.
thanks, stephen.