Fiat, MG and VW

I'm just starting to look into getting a small sporty car (a second vehicle). I'm considering the Fiat 124 spider, the MG Midget or a Karmann Ghia. Can anyone give me pros and cons for any these cars. Parts availability, reliability, is one of these cars a lot more expensive to get/keep up over another, etc? If I am being too vague I apologize, I am only looking for a general overall feel of these cars. Thanks for any advice in advance

Reply to
Tech5656

KG, reliable, easy to find parts, cheaper to maintain and you can usually modify them more. Fiats are fun to drive being very peppy. Midgets are...................small! lol

Pick the one you really like and have fun with your toy! ;-) JMHO dave (One out of many daves)

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

Midgets are small I'm not really partial to any of the three right now. Your comments about the KG are music to my ears though. Thanks!

Reply to
Tech5656

Well I am opinionated and will contribute. Depending on where you live will impact parts availability. Ottawa has a good source for Spider parts. MG's are more common and Ghia's more rare. The Midget is a Mini Minor with a sports jacket. Small 1000 cc engine, small space and the only two advantages are the convertible and the fuel mileage. I don't know the Ghia well as I've never owned one but they are tough to find usually. I own a Spider now and bought it because it was the strong, handled really well anad was wider and roomier than competitive euro models. The MGB's fit me when I was young but now at 48, I find them tight. My first Fiat was a "128", back in 75 and I said that I'd never own one again. I'm glad that I forgot that when I went car shopping for my ragtop. Spiders and Ghias have good resale values if they are in good condition. A spitfire is a nice little car if it fits you. Great to work on as the bonnet flips forward and takes the wheel wells with it. Good luck and have fun and as the truckers say, "keep your sunny side up and your dirty side down".

Mike

"Tech5656" wrote in message news:KEb6e.27808$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.tampabay.rr.com...

Reply to
Ibuy