Fiat Punto 1.2, 1999

Can anybody suggets why the electrical power steering seems to intermttantly fail? It can be made to "dissapear" when the CITY button is pressed.

I had it once when i "turned" the steeringwheel before the "start-checkup" has finished. I mean when you turn the key to MAR, then all the checklights come on. It shouldn't make any difference but it does with our 2000 Punto Sporting. In your case, however, i don't really know. :-( Maybe someone else around here has some more useful information. Greetings, E-Cie.
E-Cie wrote:

Mine failed after 2 years and had to have the entire steering unit replaced - had only done 2,000 miles as well cos I was hardly driving it at the time!!