Fiat Punto 1.2 2000

I have got one that squeaks when i slow down to under 20mph and when i am waiting at traffic lights and junctions etc.Yersterday i changed the belt that is connected to the alternator but it still squeaks, it
also squeaks once when i have turned the engine off.
any thoughts?
many thanks!!

http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?pa2988
My thought it is the waterpumpbearing, almost for sure. My 2000 Sporting did it also now and again. My Fiat-dealer had a look at it and they put some drops of diesel in the coolingsystem to grease the pump-bearing (it's not allowed, but it worked fine!!). If you don't want to do that then you'll have to take the pump out and repair it, if you can repair it at all these days. Lots of success! Greetings, E-Cie.
E-Cie wrote:

I have had two squeeky water pumps on different cars, the first was fixed by loosening the drive belt. It was too tight and this put a strain on the pump bearings. Check the manufacturers specs first as if it's too loose it'll come off. The other was fixed by a bottle of Holts somthing or other, it lubricated the bearings and had a slightly greasy residue. It did what it said on the bottle and quietened down the pump.
Mike
How is a water pump going to squeak when the engine is turned off? I'd be looking for any lost pets, has your daughter left the cage door open and lost a mouse?

request
did
not
these