Fiat Punto Headlights

Just wondering something ... does anyone else thing the idea of putting lenses on the front of the headlights as in the Mark 2 Punto's is a cool idea?
And better then having roads full of those white headlights?
I wearcontact lenses and can tell you that those white lights cause a whole lot of glare for me at night as car with them approach you, I think the lens idea works really well and just wondering why more cars don't use the same system?