Fiat Punto lost key

My son has lost his key to his 3 year old Fiat Punto 1.2, base model + electric pack. I have heard that for some cars that reprogramming is required of various bits. Is the same true for the Punto? Or is it just a matter of Fiat Dealer supplying a new key? Finally, and guide to cost?

thanks,

David

Reply to
David

thanks, his key eventually turned up after him and partner spent a day turning their house inside out! Serves him right, though as he had been warned to get a spare!

David

Reply to
David