Fiat Punto lost key

My son has lost his key to his 3 year old Fiat Punto 1.2, base model + electric pack. I have heard that for some cars that reprogramming is required of various bits. Is the same true for the Punto? Or is it just a
matter of Fiat Dealer supplying a new key? Finally, and guide to cost?
thanks,
David
Usually costs 75 at your dealer. You may need the other key to program the chip.

thanks, his key eventually turned up after him and partner spent a day turning their house inside out! Serves him right, though as he had been warned to get a spare!
David