Fiat Punto mk1 Air Intake Sensor

Hi all ,

I?m new here and I have a problem with my punto 75sx.... I?m a newbie and I need to locate the Air Intake Sensor ... Please can anyone be so kind to explain step by step which one is it :?:

Thanks

Snake

Reply to
solidsnake

the air intake sensor measures the flow of air into the engine, it will be located after the air filter, and before the intake manifold. i have a feeling on this model it is located just after the air leaves the air box where the air filter is. regards. Steve.

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:

anon

The Punto almost certainly uses SPI (Single Point Injection)

The injection unit will resemble a traditonal carburettor style housing on top of the inlet manifold.

As far as I can remember SPI units in Fiats do not measure air flow as such. They measure air intake temperature, RPM, throttle position etc. and the fuel pulse is calculated on the fly.

I would research further for you but at this point in time I have business commitments that I need to serve first.

Nick /////

Reply to
Nick Bailey /////