Fiat Punto Sporting 1996 - Lights Problem!

Can anyone help me at all? I have an N reg Fiat Punto Sporting and the lights have been doing my head in recently. The rear side light stops working after a few days. I take the back light panel off and pull the wire
plug out, then normally when I plug it back in the light if back on again. It has done this on the other side with the brakes before but the bulb was loose and so was the wire (I think the speed jhumps I have to navigate to work and back every day knock them out sometimes). However today I have disconnected the lights and reconnected them again and nothing!
I will try wiggling the blub in case it's loose and I think I have a new one just in case it's blown but why do the lights keep playing up? Has anyone else had this problem?
Any help would be apprceiated.
I've got M reg punto and have a similar problem with the brake lights and had to take off the rear light panel, fiddle with the connections, unplug the unit and reconnect it to get it working. Got them fixed at a garage. They just reconnected a wire under the brake pedel but just noticed they've gone off again. I'm not sure what the solution is - buy Japanese?

Not unknown with Fiats. Riveting the various electrical conducting strips together doesn't seem too reliable. Over the years I've had to rework many Fiat fittings, replacing the riveted connections with soldered connections, or soldered jumper wires. Use of tie wraps, or insulating tape, has also been needed to retain connectors in place.