fiat punto sporting x reg 6 speed

hi i wonder if any one can help me i own a fiat punto sporting x reg 12oo cc 6 speed box the problem i have with it is every time i go to fill it up the petrol backs up and comes out all over the floor
could anyone advise me to what the problem is and if their is a cure has its driving me crazy thanks
Thread archive:

Often twisting the filler hose nozzle as far as upside down you can get it will help.
Also you may have some filler & vent hose problems.
On our old Punto HGT (W reg/year 2000) we found that inside the rear wheel arch, towards the front, one of the smaller bore vent hoses had slipper forward and was rubbing against the tyre. This had produced a small hole in the pipe which required repairing. If you smell petrol after filling up then this could be the cause of your problem.
You may/should remove the rear wheel to gain full visual access to the collection of hoses that descend from the filler flap area.
Nick /////

No Problem - it's just a 'design facility" !
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid 080528023239AAk7c6N
Graham