fiat scudo van - the engine just died and no red key

Hi. Our Fiat scudo van just died the other morning with no power. The breakdown people changed the battery but couldn't find the problem so towed to the garage. They thinks it's electrical and something to do with facotry fitted immobiliser but we have no red key and Fiat won't even look at it with out the key - can anyone suggest if it might be another fault, or if it is the immobiliser what we do about getting the infamous red key sorted without spendig a nfortune. I'm in the UK but any info is greatly appreciated

Reply to
pickles29