Fiat Squeak

Hello,

I have a Fiat Punto X reg 1.9 diesel. It has done 53000 miles. The problem is when I get out of the car on the right hand side of the road, there is little noise. But when I get out on the left hand side, meaning a ride side camber in the road, there is a squeak coming from the rear/sides of the car. When I press the back down, this also happens.

Your suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Pam.

Reply to
Pamela

Most Fiat squeaks come from rubber bushes, often the rear trailing arms but the front also has bushes. Unfortunately Fiat don't seem to list the bushes as a separate part, so you have to replace the entire arm, in most cases an expensive job. There are rubber lubricants, which don't last long, then squeak comes back worse. If car gets through MOT (UK) then just live with it.

Reply to
ato_zee

well you can get the brushes for the rear arm, but you need to take the arm off anyway, so new arms are much easier to fit when the whole thing has been taken apart anyway...

a friend of mine helped me to change both of them on my punto,

Reply to
Christian