Fiat Stilo service indicator

Hi
I suspect this has been asked before but does anyone know of a way to reset the service indicator on a Fiat Stilo? Fiat main dealers that I approached would only reset it if the car had been
serviced by them. My local garage (non-franchised independent) could not do it with their fancy computer thing.
Regards
Nick
Nick Orchiston wrote:

It seems to depend on which independent you use. There's a discussion here:
http://www.fiatforum.com/stilo/117242-service-menu.html
but I'm not sure what the conclusion was :0
I think it's a disgrace that Fiat effectively try to force you to use their very expensive and not-very-good dealers for a service. I'll not be buying another Fiat (or any other make that insists on using their dealers).
Another Dave
--
change nospam to f2s in e-mail

Thanks Dave
It is about what I thought. Next time I buy a car this sort of thing will be on the agenda so I don't get caught again.
Cheers
Nick

As far as I know (I used to have a Stilo Abarth) the service indicator is on the CAN bus as opposed to the EOBD bus. So any independent dealer has to have 1) CAN capable equipment, 2) database of Fiat Models and function codes to select and send as appropriate or 3) know the exact code(s) required to reset the service computer.
The comment in the forum is about some cars being screwed up by independent dealers is probably becuase they have 1) above, don't have 2) and have tried codes from other cars in 3) above.
Nick /////