Fiat TIPO 1.6 94 IES indicator problem

Hi all, Im having a bit of a problem with the left indicator on my car.
The bulb is fine (tested in the right indicator and works), but when I put the indicator on (left) it flashes very fast and the front
indicator does not work. I dont know too much about cars but im guessing it may have something to do with fuses or connections.
Any info on how to go about fixing this would be much appreciated.
Thanks James

It flashes fast because one of the indicator bulbs isn't working. It could be Bulb gone. Corrosion of the bulb contacts. (the side repeater holders can give problems) Bad earthing of holder - the push-on quarter inch blades can oxidise. A break in the wiring, or a fuse, - much less common. The usual way of testing is one of the cheap screwdriver with 12V lamp and flying lead, with crocodile clip, tester. Most accessory shops have them for a fiver or less. Bulbs can be checked by substituting a new one.
"" wrote:
> wrote: > > > The bulb is fine (tested in the right indicator and works), > but when I > > put the indicator on (left) it flashes very fast and the > front > > indicator does not work. > > I dont know too much about cars but im guessing it may have > something > > to do with fuses or connections. > > It flashes fast because one of the indicator bulbs isn't > working. > It could be > Bulb gone. > Corrosion of the bulb contacts. (the side repeater holders can > give problems) > Bad earthing of holder - the push-on quarter inch blades can > oxidise. > A break in the wiring, or a fuse, - much less common. > The usual way of testing is one of the cheap screwdriver with > 12V lamp and > flying lead, with crocodile clip, tester. Most accessory shops > have them > for a fiver or less. > Bulbs can be checked by substituting a new one.
Thanks for the info and guidance.
Indicator is now fixed. Think it was corroded contacts. Cleaned them up and now works perfectly.
Thanks again. James