fiat tipo 1994

my car will not start,i turn the key it makes the starter noise but just won't kick in

Any fuel in the tank ? Any spark at the plugs? Immobiliser/key light on ?
Fuel and ignition are the 2 things I'd check 1st.
Graham

If the starter has an attached solenoid it may be that the solenoid isn't engaging the gear with the flywheel, unusual, but worth checking. The action is, you energise the solenoid, a bridging contact flies forward to both increase the solenoid supply, thereby providing enough power to push the gear forward and, at the same time, energise the motor. If it fails, sliding part dried sticky/oxidised grease, or rust, it whirrs but doesn't engage.
If got into how it works because I found three solenoid wires, one a dry joint, so unusual, but not unknown. Try a breakers yard for a replacement starter, it's a pain in the arse fixing them.