Fiat Tipo 2.0 16v

I've just bought one of these fine cars - what do I need to check to make sure it continues to run well?
Does anyone sell 'replacement' silencer sections to replace the catalytic
converter? (1992 car) At what intervals do I need to replace the belts? Any other maintainence I need to do to keep it performing?
Adam H