Fiat Uno cold start problem

Hey everyone,
I have a 1 litre 1994 fiat uno (with a FIRE engine) and am having problems with it whilst the engine is cold. The best way i can describe the problem
is that it is like having a car with a manual choke, and not using the choke at all. While the engine is cold, I have to keep the revs up to prevent the engine cutting out. Once it has warmed up, i have no problems at all.
I have already replaced spark plugs, HT leads, rotor and and the distributor cap. These all needed doing anyway so it seemed a good place to start.
I wonder if anyone else has had this problem and could perhaps suggest what is most likely to be causing the problem.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Ben
Ben Smithers wrote:

but did have a whole load of air correction and ignition advance tubing connections driven off the manifold via thermal valves connected to the water/engine block temperature. These used to have a habit of cracking/splitting and thus allowing air in and changing the engine operating parameters.
Suggest you carefully check all small bore rubber hoses attached to the carb, distributor and other places.
Nick /////