Fiat uno selecta

I have a problem with the engine dying after about 100 miles. After a while it restarts and runs ok. In the days of condensers I would have replaced the
condenser. Any ideas what the trouble is. Uno selecta 1988 1000 ccs.
snipped-for-privacy@virgin.net says...

Is it just in the cold, or happened over time? We had a similar problem over a short run of about 10 miles a few years ago in our Uno Formula - we had a slight leak in an air hose, which was basically allowing air to freeze in it, blocking the air intake to the engine.
--
AG

Remove removes from address to remove anti-spam measures.
On short runs the car is OK. On long runs it cuts out.I did have trouble with the fuel saving device when one of the small pipes that control the fuel saving system by shutting the fuel off when the engine is on 'over run'. Cured by new pipes. I do not know if the electronic ignition system is at fault? I am not sure whether to replace the coil or the innards of the distributor. regards Robert