Freezing Brakes ?

Hi,

I suppose now once the cold season is almost upon us, my handbrakes is going to start freezing on again.

It was greased last year which seemed to help a bit, but still froze on a couple of times.

I heard this is a commish fault, but is there a (cheap !) cure ?

Fiat Marea Weekend.

Ta

Graham

Reply to
Graham

Hi, try by replacing the steel wire and grease it before mounting as much as possible with dense liquid lubricating oil and of course park your Marea in such a way that no handbreaks is needed.

All the very best! Klemen

Reply to
Klemen Licen

Move to Florida

Graham

Reply to
Graham

When the weather gets too cold I just leave the handbrake off and the car in gear.

No use if you live on a hill though.

Reply to
The Polecat