heat exchanger in Punto

Hi
I suspect I have a leaking heat exchanger due to fogging windows, smell of antifreeze and engine overheating due to coolant level drop. Anyone any ideas of how easy it would be to replace or is it a garage
job? How easy is it to access in a Punto (old shape)? Does it involve removal of the dash? If I stick it in the garage how many hours labour?
I was tempted to try so rad weld type thing but am concerned it could clog things up and could just be temporary.
Cheers
Jim

Be very careful with an overheating Punto. Cylinder head gasket will blow with an associated big bill. Get garage to investigate pronto. HTH Iain.