HELP: Brava radio disabled

Family member has just bought a 1999 Brava 1.4, which we picked up this morning.
When we got to the showroom, the battery was flat, but they restarted it
with jump leads, and off we went.
However, one annoying feature is that the sound system (model no. AD182H2) is not working, and having looked at the handbook, it looks like this requires a PIN code as an anti-theft device.
The garage that sold us the car do not know the code, and the handbook mentions a 'sound system identity paper' containing this information that was definitely NOT supplied amongst the paperwork we were given.
I don't know a lot about car sound systems, but thought it might be worth a try asking a Fiat group what we can do about it. TIA.
BTN

Well the bad news is you'll prob have to take the radio out and take it to a Car Audio Shop who'll be more than happy to charge you at least 20 to retrieve the pin code for it and all will be well.
The good news is the garage should really pay for the bill.
Get onto the garage and give them some grief and say what they say!
HTH
John
Alot of newer cars have this feature, and no, you won't have to pull it out to unlock it.
Just go to a Fiat dealer, they will be able to find out this info for you
--
Myron Samila
Toronto, ON Canada

out to unlock it.

But if the car was not bought from a Fiat dealer originally or even on this occasion they will prob still try to charge you for retrieving the code.
John

you
this
Yes, its 25 UKP+VAT and they will have to pull the radio out to get the serial no.

A thankyou. (takes a bow) lol
John
Unless I'm very much mistaken, it was Alien Zord ( snipped-for-privacy@dsl.pipex.com), in message brjsqt$3uv48$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-172721.news.uni-berlin.de who said:

Thanks for the info, everyone.
I was kinda hoping there would be a generic unlock code or something... but We'll get it done by professionals, and then try to claim back the money from the dealer, as the car is under a three month warranty, and AFAIC, a non-functional stereo and their failure to provide the code is entirely their fault.
Cheers
BTN