High Oil pressure - Fiat 20V Turbo 1999

Hi all, have just bought myself the above, am *very* happy with it, although something which I have only just noticed, the oil pressure goes straight up to the top of the gauge when the engine is started.
Too much oil? or dodgy sender unit perhaps? Something worse? Any ideas please.
Regards
Austin

Does it drop once the engine is warm? - My Alfa 75 runs what looks like a silly oil pressure whilst the engine is cold, but it drops to around 1/4 on the gauge when at idle, rising to just over 1/2 when pressing on once the engine is warm.
On the other hand, I've recently had an issue with the temp. gauge where it was reading 80 degrees whilst the engine was cold, rising into the red once warm...... after using the car a bit more the last few weeks, it appears to have fixed itself.
Sounds normal to me.
My Coupe 20V (non turbo) does the same. Top guage reading is 3 Bar if I remeber correctly.
Mine only drops from full reading when the engine AND oil is really hot and the revs are on idle.
Nick /////

Have only test driven the car, will take on an extended run after work.
Cheers
Austin

it's completely normal 3 bar from start-up when hot on idle it should be about 2 bar it depends on type of oil and viscosity.
from what I have been told if it gets below 1.3 bar when hot on idle start to look for a problem
one thing to remember is that the turbo 20v runs hotter than the normal 20v
And have been driving the car daily for the last few days (I have 4 to choose from :-)) and 3 Bar it is. Rock solid until very very warm and at idle revs.
Nick /////