how to repair right door rear-view mirror

Hi,

Right-door rear-view mirror on my Lancia Thema 2000 i.e. 16V doesn't work. When I try to align it, it seems that an electrical motor of mirror works but mirror glass doesnt't move.

I couldn't reach inside of mirror to check if electrical motor have contanct with glass or not.

How can I do it? Where can I find a reparation guide for door mirrors?

Best regards, Rustam

Reply to
Rustam Bogubaev

I've only ever had this problem once on my rover 400, there were several screws which rotated to adjust the angle and pitch and it had rotated off one of them completely, with a bit of fiddling and cursing whilst operating the switch it screwed back on. It may be easier to remove the glass if you can so you can see what you're doing.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

You will find that Lancia want you to buy a new one!

You should take off the glass to see what is wrong with the motor - it may be a electric-motor driven rack & pinion - the racks sometime fall off of the pinion. (small gear wheel)

Mike's mirror uses a Britax Rainsford type motor - probably different to yours. (And made in Australia)

Adam H

Reply to
Rev. Alfa Adam

Damn those aussies get every where, although they do seem to be a bit quieter of late...

Mike

Reply to
Mike