How to replace Gromit on 2nd gen Punto on Driver wiper linkage

I have a 2nd generation punto, the plastic gromit (is this the right word) has come off the drivers wiper connection to the linkage, stopping the wiper from working. I can click the connection together
but then it will come apart again after using the wipers for any length of time. Apparently you have to buy the whole linkage , and with fitting this is coming to about £150. I cant afford this, and I am loath to anyway because my wipers broke stopped working two years ago due to the motor going, and I had to shell out then.
Does anybody have any idea of how I could fix this without buying the whole part. Alternatively I have found the linkage online for about £60 but I would still need someone to fix it as I wouldn't know how to replace the whole linkage.