imobiliser problem

Hello all

I had a complete disaster the othe week went to start the car Marea Weekend 2.5Diesel which I had used 4 or 5 times that day and the dam thing would not start loads of fuel onboard kept turning the thing over and over but to no avail, finally flatened the battery. Charged the battery overnight then managed to get some jump leads onto it and tried again still no use. I friend with a Fiat Diagnostics laptop came around car would not speak to computer stuck again. My friend then suggested to bypass the stop solinoid on the fuel pump we did this great the car started first time. There was the answer rewire the stop solinoid through a switched live off the ignition switch, this took a while to find a passage for the cable through from the engine compartment but I was eventually sucsessful. The car now worked fine all be it did not have a imobiliser so what. Three days passed and while eating my lunch I thought about something i had seen last time I vacumed the car out, undr the passenger seat there is this strange device to which I had now idea what it was or what for anyway I pressed the top and there was a distinct click, hello I thought my other friend had suggested that there may be a crash detector switch which in the event of a collision it stops the fuel and it looks like this thing below the seat. I then put the meter on the old cable and low and behold it was live.

So if you get a problem with your car not starting try to find this switch.

Hope this helps people in the future alcistra[remove_this_bit]@tiscali.co.uk

Reply to
Max Clifford

All or most recently made cars should have a fuel cut off device which in the event of a crash cuts off the fuel supply. They presumably have a preset 'load' as my wife had a crash at 20 mph and it didn't activate. Look in the manual for the exact location of the reset switch but it should only be used when you are confident there isn't a fuel leak.

Mike

Reply to
Mike