Is Broom Yellow an extra cost option ?

Hi All

I have been negotiating with my local dealer for a new Seicento for my wife. The salesman tells me that Broom Yellow is an extra cost option. This is not what the fiat website says. Can anyone confirm which of these is right ?

TIA

Reply to
Ramases

Hi, possibly on the lower models but certainly not on the sporting, that's what I've got.

Very nice cars by the way.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Anderson

Broom yellow is only available with the sporting . The only extra cost option paint is metallic. I think they are trying it on .

Remove nos for email

Reply to
bt

I am after a "Sound" - which seems to be a slightly lower tuned Sporting with standard gearbox and no tacho. As far as I can see, Yellow is only available on the "Sound" and the "Sporting" and neither of these show this as extra cost. Anyone else got experience of this ?

TIA.

Reply to
Ramases

Hi,

Don't know what else you need but I'll say again, it was included with my sporting.

Personally I would look again at your choice, the sound is missing some stuff that the sporting has, alloys, tacho, and "better" gearbox AND it's only £300 more if you pay the standard prices.

hmmm, just got the site up, depends if you want a sunroof or not doesn't it? I just thought they attracted so much attention (cos they do!!!) then really the steel wheels are a bit of a spoiler. Oh and is the stereo really that much better in the sound, I didn't think so and just uprated the one in mine instead.

I have just noticed that 'metallic' paint is optional on them both but on the sporting 'special' paint is not available whereas it is on the sound, maybe that's whatever colour you happen to want :-)

Hope some of this helps you decision.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Anderson

OK here's the final answer. The yellow paint is a zero cost option (according to Fiat Customer services). My dealer says Fiat charge them extra for it. I told them that that is their problem and, to be fair, they agreed. The gist is, we're not paying for it. As for spec against the Sporting, my wife is really not interested anyway in cars (though I am - I have a new MINI - lovely !!). The fact is we're getting the car for £4995 all in against a list of £6450 and we're getting the same trade-in for her Cinquecento as we were offered elsewhere, so it all seems OK. We know it's going to be a discontinued model soon, but as my Mrs. is completely uninterested in cars (and her Cinq is in need a of a fair bit of repair work) we are happy with the deal.

BTW, how much do you pay for your annual service on a Seicento - it seems to vary a lot ?

Cheers.

Reply to
Ramases

Hi,

Didn't know that but I wouldn't have paid for yellow, lets face it really it's nothing special, I can understand paying extra for metalic but not for a flat colour.

Ahhh, now I didn't know that the different would be nearly £2000 at £300 difference, it would have been a different story. Mmmmm Mini..... I would have loved on of them but I just couldn't convice the wife (it's not a real one).

Well, I've only had one and that was £100 I thinkbut yes, I phoned 3 dealers and this was the cheapest. Best advice I can give you is phone round all the ones in your area, then play one off the other.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Anderson

We wouldn't have paid for yellow either - I really like it but Wife is not really that keen - worried about resale value !

We rang three dealers and, as you say, got them to bid against each other - two were in the same Group, but didn't know it as we used different names !!! The MINI is better than the original. It handles like a go-kart but is properly built and doesn't leak . I went to the Motor Show when they were launched and was determined to hate it ("Bloody BMW - what do they know about building a MINI ? " etc) - but was impressed by build quality and interior design. I was going to get one of the new Smart Roadsters, but at £14k I couldn't bring myself to do it. I'm with Jeremy Clarkson on this one. If it had been £10K to £11K I'd have been at the front of the queue. I'd try a Barchetta if hey would make a right hand drive.

Cheers.

Reply to
Ramases