Marea Air-con problem

Marea JTD 110, 2001 model. Just back from the garage after a gearbox repair, and the air-con doesn't work anymore. The compressor clutch isn't pulling in when it should. Hot-wiring 12V to the compressor and it pulls in and spins OK, although the outlet pipe doesn't seem to getting hot. Now this car is a nightmare of wiring and plumbing around the gearbox/battery area, all of which has obviously just been dismantled and replaced by the garage. So a few questions if there's anyone familiar with Fiat air-con.

1) Its possible that the system was depressurised in order to get the access to the gearbox, the garage don't _think_ this was the case, although the mechanic who did the job is not around until late next week to check. I note there's a pressure switch on top of the filter/drier(?), would this cut power to the compressor if there was no refrigerant in the system?

2) Just behind the front n/s light is a spare electrical connector, 2 pin sealed type. Black and black/violet wires. I can't find anything this could plug into, indeed it could just be some spare circuit floating around. Any clues?

3) In front of the battery tray is metal box containing four relays - looking through the ePer parts database sort of suggests this may be for the aircon. Again anyone know for sure?

If it is an electrical problem, I should be able to sort it, just that access to anything is very difficult, so a few clues would help.

Cheers

Reply to
Steven Briggs
1) Could have been depressurised. Yes there is a pressure switch in the system to stop the compressor kicking in.

Go with 1). If the aircon was working before the gearbox repair and it is not now, then me thinks this is a problem caused by the garage which they should sort out.

Reply to
Nick /////