Marea Cambelt - Staffs Garage recommendations

My Marea 2.4TD has done 65000 miles now and will be ready for a cambelt change soon.
Can anyone recommend an independant garage to do this in the Cannock/
Telford area?
I'm aware that this will be an expensive job - what price should I think is reasonable?

Mine is on about 52K and was wondering the same. Might have to start saving now as I hear it might be an engine out job. I assume the service interval hasn't been reduced at all ?
Graham
Engine out/shift only applies to the 5 cylinder engines. The JTD is a 4 cylinder engine (to my knowledge) so can be done like any normal cam belt. I'd guess around 150. 30 for the belt, 60 for the tensioner, rest labour.
Nick /////

saving
interval
Nope - 2.4 JTD is a 5 cylinder.
Graham
message

Well, and I thought I knew it all :-) I need to go a do a little consulting of the old manuals/blurb me thinks. If this is true then is/was this the first 5 cylinder production turbo diesel engine on the market?
Nick /////

Cannock/

My W/e 2.0/20 has done 66000 miles. I've been told to change the belt ASAP and not wait till 72000 miles. A Fiat garage quoted over 1000 (engine out) but a recommended local independent (Radlet, Herts.) said it can be done for less than 100 by loosening the engine mounts and pushing the engine sideways just half an inch to get at the belt. I shall see soon. Already got the new belt, just finding a suitable time.

out)
for
got
Hi - Whereabouts in Radlett, as that is only just down the road from me (Bushey). Do they do anything else Fiat-wise as I think I'm low down on power too ?
Ta
Graham

Mr Zord, this thread may be of interest... http://www.forum.carsfromitaly.com/talk/index.php?act=ST&f=3&t 96&hl=marea&she89e5618eb8046c866fba0d42c10a4
I think the princilples of the timing belt change are the same for a 5 pot diesel as a 5 pot petrol. According to this, you should check that your garage has a cam lock.
100 seems bloody cheap to me from what I've read about this.

ASAP
I have no personal experience of them (yet) but the company is called Motorcare and the phone no. is 01923 853 889.

Cannock/
done
Already
?
Lets us know how it goes - Good or Bad !
Thanks
Graham