marea clutch slave cylinder

Hi all I just had a problem with my Fiat Marea Weekend 2.5D the seals went in the clutch slave cylinder.The dealer needed the chassis number to identify the
correct replacement which I gave them, they then supplied me with the wrong part for my car. Has anybody else had a similar problem? So far I have waited 3 days for the dealer to sort this out they are not very good with the Customer relations when they have finally sorted it I will give all their details so all Fiat owners will be able to avoid this Garage and use the next main dealer.
Mr disgruntled

Fiat dealers almost invariably get the wrong part, even if given a photocopy of the vehicle registration document showing engine number, chassis number, date of registration etc. Mine spent over a week getting a part, the wrong one, only to find they had the correct one in the bin behind the counter. Vehicle off road for more than a week.
Fiat vehicles have a Recambe (parts reference number - quote this when ordering parts - they say) that's a joke - fine in theory - fatally flawed in practice.
as far as i know the parts number is very rarely used for locating correct parts since its all done by chassis number on computers and even then sometimes the software picks out the wrong part. ive worked in a dealership parts department and i think its one of the hardest jobs in the garage.
message

I've had a fuel pipe for my Marea on order for months now (Used to be a Fiat garage, but went the non approved route). A new 'real' Fiat garage has just opened nearer to me, and still waiting over 3 weeks at the moment. Had to wait over 3 months last year for a throttle potentiometer. Seems like Fiat spare parts are few and far between (for my car at least !)
Graham
Just got the correct part 4 days not that bad in the end