Marea Weekend Booot

Hi,

The lock on My Marea WE seems to have stuck closed. I assume this is probably due to road crud etc getting in and gunking it up (I Hope).

How do I access the boot lock - I just see 1 phillips screw inside near the handle - Will this undo and the covers etc will come off ??

I hope a good clean, and a dose of WD40 should keep it good again .

It's a bit too late to get in there now !

Thanks

Graham

Reply to
Graham

Ok - had a look, and managed to get the trim off - 1 phillips, & another 2 under the red fluorescent tabs at the bottom corners.

Boot now open, and can't really access the locking section. It seems to be held on with 2 allen bolts on the outside (near the number plate lights), and not wanting to break the seal, so left it.

Put a good drop of 151 oil in the handle bit, and the boot now opens and closes. Left boot lid up to let the oil soak in around the mechanism.

Hope it lasts.

Graham

Reply to
Graham

Had a similar problem except worse. The lock may have been forced by someone. Inside the tailgate there are 2 rods connecting the locks at either side to the release 'paddle' via a lever. The paddle jumped over the lever jamming the system. I had no choice but to unscrew both locks with a very slim size 10 spanner. You can just access the bolts through the gap between the tailgate and the body. Afterwards I completely dismantled the tailgate finding a lot of grime and corrosion in the release mech. Cleaned all up and used a special water proof grease to lubricate everything. Even took apart the rear wiper as its shaft was starting to seize due to corrosion.

Reply to
Alien Zord

Mine does exactly the same.

This is what you need to do...

Unlock the central locking. Get some long nosed pliers or a bent bit of wire and pull the handle out.

Lock the car, then unlock it again.

You should now be able to open the boot.

To get at the lock mechanism, you can remove the insite panel from inside the boot. This will allow you to get at the handle mechanism. There are more than the one you have seen - have a look round the edges, I can't remember where they are exactly.

I think this is what I will be doing this weekend in my Weekend.

Reply to
Dave D

Ignore my waffle - I see in your other post that you've managed to fix it.

Reply to
Dave D