Multijet

I have a MK3 punto on a 55 plate .... it has a diesel multijet engine having done 70K+ miles ... after a good run out and engine at normal temperature and, if, I say, pull up at a traffic lights, the idling engine sounds just like a petrol engine which 'misses' here and there sounding quite irregular ... the car otherwise runs fine and consumption is well around 75mpg

is this an injector problem or perhaps an ECU problem .... anyone offer a remedy?

thanks

omega

Reply to
Omega