multipla ABS light

How do you reset the ABS warning light on a multipla - ours started lighting intermittently recently and when the car was in our local garage for suspension repairs they looked at the brakes and cleaned the sensors. They
say to get a main dealer to reset the light. Presumably if reset and if it doesnt reappear then the problem has been solved - however the nearest main dealer is an hours drive away - is there any way of diy resetting.

lighting
main
Nope. If the abs light is coming on as you say, the car needs to be put through a diagnostic with the Fiat Examiner computer which will diagnose and possibly clear any faults. If there are repairs needed to any ecus and such, hope car is under warranty. HTH Iain.
me skrev:

But did they check the gear rim that the sensors use to determine if the wheel is turning or not ??
That gear rim is mounted on the wheel hub, and since the hub is plain steel it corrodes. The corrosion then sits between the hub and the rim, and sooner or later the rim will split. A broken or split ABS gear rim will give you those symptoms (and others): the ABS system is confused, and cannot determin if that wheel is turning around or not, and therefor the ABS warning light comes on.
If you drive slowly and apply your foot ligtly to the brakepedal, and brakes just a bit: does the ABS sometimes get active so you can hear and feel it?
If your garage didn't know that a broken gear rim (due to corrosion on the hub) is a common problem on Brava/o, Marea and Multipla : choose another garage that knowes Fiat ;-)
--
Regards, Sren C. Fischer
http://www.fischer-streton.dk

steel
sooner
brakes
ARIEH GAIDEMAK skrev:

That's common - my Brava did the same thing after a rolling road test. Nothing to worry about :-)
--
Regards, Sren C. Fischer
http://www.fischer-streton.dk