Multipla problem

I posted here in December with a problem relating to the lack of power in the car as per normal. Somebody posted back it could be an air flow meter. spot on pal !!!!!!!!!!!!! Many thanks We had another breakdown concerning the clutch. Couldn't get it in gear. This turned out to be the master cylinder (3weeks wait for parts) and they will rectify this too.

Just a point to mention to all, we had problems with the warranty, we had the service done two months late and they cancelled the warranty. They weren't bothered when we had the previous service done two months early. Fiat tried everything to wriggle out of doing the car under warranty. I phoned Head Office to complain, they told me I could revalidate the warranty for £60, which is a big con I feel. We had no choice really, so paid it. Either that or huge bill for repairs .The garage wanted us to pay for all, and had no idea about this revalidating thing, I had to get H/Office to phone them. Is this common with other makes of cars ???????????

I have a Ford van for work, this is serviced regularly, sometimes later than expected, sometimes earlier. We have never had any problems with the warranty, they have been great fixing everything under warranty without quibble.

thanks again for info mike

Reply to
mike

I have a stilo now but my rover had a stipulation that the service intervals had to be within 1000 miles/1 mth of the specified interval. My understanding was the time/mileage was from the last service, these were every 12000 miles or 12 mths whichever was the first.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

For us the mileage is irrelevent 2-3k Fiat wanted the service date set to the date of first registration, in our case June 2002, and then every june after that. We serviced in august 2nd, and they cancelled the warranty, bar-stewards !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mike

Reply to
mike

It's a disgraceful cop-out on the part of Fiat and its dealer network. Neither of the parts which you have mentioned are service items and even if you had had your car serviced on the dot, it would have made no difference. The parts failed prematurely through no fault of your own and Fiat should honour their committment.

What I have found is that Fiat dealers are often unable to service cars on time even if you try to book it. A wait of 2/3 weeks for an appointment is common with our dealer, by which time the mileage will have increased and possibly exceeded the warranty limit.

And if Fiat are going to be so picky about this, how about correcting the owners manual? One part of this refers to necessary servicing every 20,000km (12,500 miles), whilst the other refers to 12,000 mile service intervals.

Fiat? Never again!

Reply to
Mr. Slow

To keep your warranty valid you can have your fiat serviced 1000 miles or 1 month either side of the 12,000 miles or 12 months

Reply to
firestarter

difference.

garage rang yesterday, said, come get your car, you can drive it for now we've fixed the gear problem(master cylinder). bring it back in two weeks to have the power loss and mirror sorted. car broke down after about 4 hours. left it till morning, could not get in gear, called the AA(superb)((15min response)), fixed it temperary, he bled air out of the pipes to let the gears work, and escorted said car back to garage. Mechanic fiddled with car in the car park, did basically the same as AA bloke, then let us go. Called the Fiat head office to complain, if this garage can forget to bleed the air from the master cylinder, then they can forget to do it from the brakes also , girl on the phone was right cow. awaiting complaint results, will post back later

p.s Fiat sent us a letter infroming us of the option to extend the warranty, called up to enquire, they said we cant do it because we should have done it in the first year of warranty. Why the F*** have you sent us a letter then ??? rang H/O again to complain.....again,, only got the same cow. She said the letter should have been sent in the first year, but defended Fiat by saying the info was in the fiat handbook, "what page " I said, "I have the book with me", "well,.....you'll have to mention it to the complaint people when they follow up your complaint, goodbye" Excellent customer service !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry its longwinded I feel like pulling my hair out now !!!! I had to tell somebody !!

mike

Reply to
mike

When the car was registered, the name on the warranty is the dealers. The fiat dealer transfers the name on the warranty to the buyers name. My fiat dealer didnt do this. We were supposed to get an information pack telling us of what to do to keep up the warranty, and also to give us the option of an extended warranty. We didnt get this

mike

Reply to
mike

it does not make any difference who the vehicle was registered to, you should get 2 years fiat warranty and 1year dealer warranty ( Unless the vehicle is an import)

Reply to
firestarter

Our warranty was cancelled because we were late by two months with the service. we did not know of the terms and conditions of the warranty, we have only just received the info pack, because only now have they transferred the names to ours. If the garage had done the change of name on the warranty first, we would have the info, stating the terms and conditions of the warranty, and probably been a bit more keen to get the service on time.

mike

Reply to
BB king

I had my multipla on the 13th feb 2004! Bad day?!!!? Then on the 19th the clutch broke....yes the master cylinder. Last night (23rd)I read this bulletin with three weeks wait and thought stuff that and today I rang fiat uk direct. Most un helpful but in fairness they did give me some numbers, local to me, of their main dealers. I rang and found out that these master cyls are in stock at hq and cost 27.00 plus vat!! My dealer was surprised to think i had managed to find out and with in ten minutes called me back to say my car would be ready possibly tommorow (25th). What a surprise!!

Most dealers I called needed between a week and three weeks just to get me in so moral of the story...? Take no cr*p and get the gen from the horses mouth.

Incedentally...clutch slave cylinders are also a let down but cost 11.88 plus vat! I have found one locally if anyone needs it as there are none in britain untill early march as they are on route to italy from Poland!!!!

Thing that tickles me is how cheap these products are when you pretend to be a bona fide garage/repair shop and how different the story is when your not a punter. Moriarty

Reply to
moriartyw