MY FIAT BRAVO 1.8 16V HLX

MY FIAT BRAVO 1.8 16V HLX I WAS DRIVING TO WORK THIS MORNING WHEN ALL OF A SUDDEN THE CAR SLOWED DOWN AND STOPPED TO A STAND STILL AND WOULD NOT START AGAIN THE THING IS IT TICKS OVER BUT IT DOES NOT START THE IGNITION IS N0T KICKING WHAT COULD BE CAUSING THE PROBLEM PLEASE ADVISE ME ON THIS CHEERS JAZZ

Reply to
big jazzie

maybe it's out of petrol

Reply to
Spark

it's got half a tank of petrol so i don't know wat it could

Spark wrote:

Reply to
big jazzie via CarKB.com

In message , big jazzie via CarKB.com writes

Cambelt?

Reply to
Steven Briggs

How can it tick over if it doesn't start?

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I beleive the OP poster means it's turning over so the starter motor & battery are OK. Apart from that it could be the coils, leads, dodgy imobiliser etc etc.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

The two main tests are:- Is the ignition working, so get one of the little neon devices that go between HT lead and plug, it flashes if there is HT. Costs about 3 UKPDS, 5 Euros. Outdoors, disconnect pipe from the fuel pump, at the engine end, put the loose end in an empty can or jar, crank the engine, or better still get someone else to turn the key (engine out of gear) and see if fuel comes out of the pipe. Report your results here.

Reply to
ato_zee