New Stilo owner signing in

Hi All, I've just bought a new Stilo 1.2 and wondered if anyone had proper MPG figures for constant speed driving. I never believe the figures listed in the bumpf you get about MPG
mostly because my old banger of a Merc 190E will still get 38 to the gallon whereas the official figures are round about the 32 mark. Cheers, Steve

I have a 5 door 1.9 JTD(115hp) and I think the manufacturers MPG figs are quite accurate. I drove to stanstead and back, 184 miles, mainly motorway/dual carrigeway the rest A roads with villiages. I had to take it steady 'cos of speed cameras and I got 58.3 mpg, the manufacturer's fig is 65.7 for steady 56. I was doing 70-75 most of the way and of course a bit of stop start so I would expect to get MPG a bit worse than advertised. I regularly get 40 mpg for mainly urban driving but I do avoid rush hr where poss, manufacturer says 38.2.
I had a bit of shock when I went on hols. with a roofbox, the mpg dropped 5 points!! I'm confident the cars trip comp is accurate as I did a couple of tests to double check the figs.
It's been reliable so far, the only problem: the lever to slide the rear seat forward came off yesterday but went back in with a bit of persuasion. I test drove a 1.2 3 door, I found it suprisingly quick for a 1.2, but plumped for a 1.9 deisel from a car supermarket with 18 miles on the clock for 8,500. I'd recommend them to anyone but not at the showroom price, mine would have been 13000 from the dealer.
Mike
I have a Coupe 20V Turbo, I have no idea what my average MPG is :)

are
it
is
bit
where
dropped
persuasion.
clock
There is another! Well with an internet connection anyway. Looking at buying a new car within the next couple of weeks. Originally looked at Punto 1.25 Active Sport but now very tempted by Stilo 1.2. How do you rate the car so far? Fiats in general? TIA

1.2, lol
snipped-for-privacy@lifeofriley.freeserve.co.uk (Steve) writes:

Gawd. You're lucky then - I didn't know such a thing existed and for the last 10 months have considered "Fiat customer service" to be an oxymoron.
Name this excellent dealership !
--
Neil Barker

top tip don't buy one will post a disater list when I get a few mins as just found newsgroup.
By the way 21mpg on good days urban driving.
-- Mark

16k
Abarth".
I've had a 5 door 115hp jdt since jan, very happy with it & so far no probs. Excelent MPG, 35-40 mpg urban (depending on how heavy the traffic is and my boot) and 55-60 mpg is easily acheivable on longer runs if your not in too much of a hurry. Excelent equipment levels for the money. I've heard lots of bad comments about the selaspeed and if you buy an abarth your prob. not too bothered about the mpg, if you are get a smaller/deisel engine!
Mikr