Newbie questions

I've always been into british cars and owned an MGB, I was looking to get back into a roadster and was considering a Triumph Spitfire but am now leaning towards going Italian in a Fiat Spider.
How hard is it to find one with working ac? I know some had it but am having trouble finding out how rare it is. I live in the desert and AC is all but a necessity.
How easy would a spider be to service?
What years would you suggest?
How expensive and hard to get are parts?
What should I look for when looking at one?
What is a fair price for one in good running condition?
How reliable are they? Could you use one as daily transportation if you look after it?
One of the reasons I like the Spider is that you can put a carseat for a child in the back and after doing some research found that there is quite a bit to like about them, but I would like to learn more before making an expensive mistake. Thanks for any and all info.
No one here knows anything about Fiats?

aren't you talkin' about barchetta, are you?
-- Stuka (25yrs, 96kW, MI - Italy) /F/I/A/T/ barchetta Momo+OMP bCI member: #359 http://www.barchetta.it