Panda 750 (1989) with low light

Hi, I have a good old Panda and yesterday I had a bit trouble. While driving the light dims low and lower, the wiper goes slow and slower... but the car runs as nothing was happen. I thought about cell-short-cirquit in the battery but just when i leaved the highway (2 hours later!) suddenly all was OK as nothing was happen, but only for a few minutes, then it was the same as before, dim lights, slow wipers... I tested the battery, was very low, but loaded now it seems to be OK (at the moment I do a test of capacity, but resistance-measurement seems to be OK,

20 W light with nearly no voltage drop)

Did anyone here knows this effect, and may give me a tip where to search ?

Happy new year

Martin

Reply to
Martin Schönegg

Sounds like a poor earth connection - check all the earth straps, clean them up, refit and put some grease on afterward to keep the water out.

Hellraiser..............>

Reply to
Hellraiser

Agreed.

Try also the push fit earth connectors on black wires which go to a block behind the headlight - on the gearbox side of the Panda.

Nearly all the earths for lighting, and other accessories, come back to this point.

They have a little clip to squeeze to release them without a fight - clean up the "spades" they clip on to.

Reply to
john harrad

Hi Hellraiser, hi John, Thanks for your help, but it was the sliding contacts of the generator. Unfortunately i had to change the hole regulator because the little contacts re nowhere available... thats marketing :-(

thanks Martin

Reply to
Martin Schönegg