Parts Substitution? '79 FIAT 124 Front Brakes --> '82 FIAT 131 Sport?

Does anyone know if the front brakes (calipers, rotors, pads, mounting brackets) from a 1979 FIAT Spider 2000 will work on a 1982 FIAT 131 Sport?

I'm fairly sure that the older FIAT 131 vehicles used the same front brakes as the older FIAT 124 (please correct me if I'm wrong). And FIAT did not change the front brakes on the (124) Spider 2000 until sometime during the

1984 model year. So it seems likely to me that the '79 FIAT Spider 2000 and the '82 FIAT 131 would still be sharing the same front brakes. But I'd like confirmation from someone more knowledgeable about the FIAT 131 than I.

Thanks!

Michael '69 FIAT 124 Spider '76 FIAT 124 Spider '79 FIAT 2000 Spider '81 Alfa Romeo Spider '90 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce

Reply to
DeepDiver

Most (US spec) Fiat front disc brakes will swap fine. The only exceptions I know of are very early 850 Spiders, 1100Rs and very late 2000 Spiders. As long as both cars have non-vented rotors, you should be fine.

Reply to
Al McWhorter