Piat Punto Revving Up

Can anyone help, I have a 96 Punto 75.
It has a habit of revving the engine like a boy racer every once in a while. (For about 30 seconds)
This hasn't bothered me really, but I am about to teach my girlfriends
daughter to drive, and it may bother her.
Any ideas what this might be? And if so, is it a job I can do, or should I take it to a garage ?
Thanks in advance
Giles
on one of my Tipo's it was a dirty idle control valve that gave the same symptoms.

while.
Seems about the right cause.
Knowing the fuel system, e.g. carb, injection, diesel etc., egine size etc. would help in eliminating possible causes.
Nick /////

Hi Nick
Yes, sorry, my mistake
1996 Fiat Punto
1242 cc Petrol - 8 Valve, fuel injection
Giles

should
Giles, We suffered the same fault - after many denials from the dealer it was traced to a known fault they have on the throttle body. They replaced iours while it was under warranty.
Cashman

ry it has taken me so long to get back to you.
Throttle body sounds expensive, so I may just live with it, and see if I can borrow another car for the driving lessons.
Thanks
Giles

girlfriends