Piat Punto Revving Up

Can anyone help, I have a 96 Punto 75.

It has a habit of revving the engine like a boy racer every once in a while. (For about 30 seconds)

This hasn't bothered me really, but I am about to teach my girlfriends daughter to drive, and it may bother her.

Any ideas what this might be? And if so, is it a job I can do, or should I take it to a garage ?

Thanks in advance

Giles

Reply to
Giles Ayling

on one of my Tipo's it was a dirty idle control valve that gave the same symptoms.

Reply to
jg

Seems about the right cause.

Knowing the fuel system, e.g. carb, injection, diesel etc., egine size etc. would help in eliminating possible causes.

Reply to
Nick /////

Hi Nick

Yes, sorry, my mistake

1996 Fiat Punto

1242 cc Petrol - 8 Valve, fuel injection

Reply to
Giles Ayling

Giles, We suffered the same fault - after many denials from the dealer it was traced to a known fault they have on the throttle body. They replaced iours while it was under warranty.

Reply to
TC

ry it has taken me so long to get back to you.

Throttle body sounds expensive, so I may just live with it, and see if I can borrow another car for the driving lessons.

Thanks

Reply to
Giles Ayling