Problem with Fiat Brava horn

The horn on my Brava sounds whenever the front end of the car receives a sharp jolt - for instance if I drop the bonnet or drive over a bump in the road. I would like to have a go at fixing this myself rather than pay a Fiat dealer a fortune to do so. Has anyone had a similar problem, or can suggest how I approach the problem of tracing the fault? Thanks.

Reply to
Wolfman

On cars it is usual to have a switched earth rather than switched live. It sounds like the earth wire from the horn has chafed and is shorting to earth when it moves, causing the horn to sound. You'll have to trace back the wres from the horn and see if there's any obvious damage.

Danny

Reply to
Danny B