punto 1.2 reliable

hi new to group i am considering buying a year 2000 punto with the 1.2 engine. i see from other sites that the cylinder head gasket is prone to blow and
other things seem to generally break. what is the view here
many thanks paul n
On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 17:41:08 +0100, rother wrote:

The headgasket is a weak point in my Punto (first model), dont know if that is the same for the new model....
--
Grt. Frank
email: frank snipped-for-privacy@wilgeenbagger-hotmail.com
On Sat, 4 Oct 2003 10:05:17 +0200, Lion wrote:

cylinder head gasket = koppakking Niet dat mijn kennis van Engelse termen voor auto onderdelen zo goed is, maar deze wist ik toevallig :-)
--
Grt. Frank
email: frank snipped-for-privacy@wilgeenbagger-hotmail.com
Bedankt voor de vertaling.
My old Punto (one of the original ones) needed a new head gasket after 110,000 miles but I can't be too upset with that. What I was upset with was that I had to have a new oil sump fitted after 120,000 miles because it had corroded (how can something that swims in oil corrode?)
Regards
Paul Everest snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.CHINESE.com (do a CHINESE takeaway before replying)
hi new to group i am considering buying a year 2000 punto with the 1.2 engine. i see from other sites that the cylinder head gasket is prone to blow and other things seem to generally break. what is the view here
many thanks paul n
we have an 93 fiesta 55k miles the sump has just gone on that, apparantly according to the garage it is not uncommon for the sump to rot from the outside in though.

engine.