Punto 55 Ing coil

I have a faulty coil fault on plug 2 and 3. If I pull out plugs and short them out out to the engine cylinder 2 does not work I have a manual but how do I measure the resistance on the low side and
the high side of the coil. I understand that the 2 plugs fire at the same time but the manual gives the impression that plug-coil-plug are in series, so if one plug goes shouldnt both cylinders stop working
this is known as a wasted spark ignition system, the spark will run down one lead across the first spark plug through the cyclinder head back across the other spark plug back too the coil, if there is a fault in the coil the spark finds its way back through the engine cases etc in most cases and you lose one cylinder. they allways fail so theres not much point in testing them just bang a new one on, i hear halfords do a good cheep one.